Friday, September 16, 2011

The Day Before, Final Preparations

When I got off work today I was like a spring that had been sprung. There were many final preparations to be completed today before I was ready to go. I didn't want to be in my car speeding towards my destinations, I wanted to be on the other side of it all, completed and done and ready to go, in bed and and awaiting the morning in sleep. As I took a break of sorts to get a book that I wanted to read during my trip, a fear came out. Where will I sleep each night? So much about a cycling trip is spiritual. Anyone can ride a bike. But can I trust that I will be taken care of and live in the moment I am in instead of the wreckage of the future? This is why I am doing this. The cycling is secondary. An adventure is an adventure because of the unknowns. I have 480 miles to learn this lesson and many more.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I'm finally getting some time to read your blog. I love the part of this post in which you talk about the spiritual aspects of your trip -- very inspiring, comforting, and COOL!

    ReplyDelete